Saturday, September 25, 2010

5...4...3...2...1...

Time management is something that I have always struggled with.  With many different responsibilities and obligations, it becomes very difficult to balance everything and find time to complete everything efficiently.  With school and work, its becomes hard to socialize.  When it comes time to socialize, its hard to balance time with my girlfriend or time with my friends.  Every activity needs to be managed so it could recieve the attention it needs in order for the obligation to be completed with enough time to move on to the next one and complete that task.

This week in class we talked about how many hours there are in one week and how we use our time.  I found that I don't have a lot of time to be flexible with.  I have 10 free hours in my week which could easily be given up to time wasted at a red lights, waiting in line at the store, getting caught up on the phone with an aunt or any other thing that we find distracts us (no disrespect to Auntie, but things need to get done).  Its easy to find us looking at the clock thinking "Where did the time go?" and in class this week it allowed me to break it down and know the answer to that question.

Every student has trouble managing there time.  Things might have been a little easier in high school when Mom and Dad were holding our hands through our days (this does NOT pertain to me) telling us where we needed to go, what needed to be done, and how we should do it.  For example, no one at work this evening reminded me that when I left at 11 that I needed to have my blogs done by 12.  A few blown red lights later (I guess I saved sometime down the road this week) I found myself at my computer on blogger.

Managing our time is key to success in college.  I am struggling to grapple this concept, but I am sincerely working towards mastering my week and putting the clock in its place.


imgres.jpg
TIme flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment