Saturday, October 16, 2010

My First Semester

My first semester at college has been a very difficult adjustment.  I am still getting used to managing work and school.  It becomes hard to juggle everything without finding yourself slipping every once in a while in one part of your responsibilities.  For example, it is hard to be a very good worker and still be an excellent student.  Although we strive to be able to be great at both, we still often find ourselves let down in our performance due to other obligations and responsibilities that require much of our attention.

Another struggle is finding time to manage a social life with everything going on.  It's hard to spend time with friends and enjoy yourself when you have so many other responsibilities.  This is a hard time in a students life.  We want to be able to do it all, but we often still find ourselves not be sufficient in one area of  our lives.  I honestly am definitely having trouble with managing my time with everything going on, but I am starting to recognize the things I can change in order to make things easier on myself.  For example, instead of sleeping late on the weekends, I can wake up earlier and get more homework done so that way after work, I can use that time to relax knowing that I have accomplished things earlier in the day.

I am looking forward to the second half of the semester so I can use the knowledge of college that I have gained in the first half of the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment